Direct Marketing Associate, Fordham Fund at Fordham University
Nonprofit Organization Management | Greater New York City Area, US
Extensive knowledge in social and digital media trends and behavior, digital marketing strategies and online community building. Bridges creative approaches/ideas with professional/ business-oriented concepts/projects and delivers exceptional outcomes. Highly organized strategic thinker, understands big pictures/over-arching goals and knows how to place both business and client within them. Exceptional eye for design, perceptive on branding standards, incredibly tuned in with content needs for both client and business.
Specialties: Social Networking and Audience Activity, Digital Media Trends, Building and Enhancing Online Readership, Graphic Design and Art, Strategic Relationships and Engagement Assembling, Data Integrity and Analysis, Content Formatting, Cross-functional Management, Organizational and Planning Management
2012 - Present
Direct Marketing Associate, Fordham Fund / Fordham University
Social Media and Marketing Manager / UC Santa Cruz
As Social Media and Marketing Manager for UC Santa Cruz, my focus was to build a better bridge between the university and its audience by channeling the right content to our readers through appropriate online channels and to utilize all resources to make sure our audience was reconnecting and growing.
• Rejuvenated and modernized social media strategy, developing promotional and marketing
plans for all our sites.
• Increased alignment with target audiences by analyzing our audience demographics and their
online trends; increased reader responses through engagement strategies by transforming average content into being more enticing/alluring.
• Developed a social media for a wide range of generations; content allowed different ages and demographics to respond and interact with the messaging and with their fellow peers.
• Collaborated with team designers to ensure professional and consistent branding, synchronized all messaging with current campaigns and relevant themes.
• Amplified various content driven sites to draw more visitors through artistic/creative means using technologies including Adobe CS, Flash, and modified HTML; resulting in websites becoming dramatically more interactive and user-friendly.
• Created a cogent map for outgoing online communication, which ensured effective streamlining of our messages. Established proper conventions on email messaging timeliness, which resulted in improved reader activity and allowed more breathing room in our readers' email inboxes.
• Provided value to our reading audience by fine tuning our data on reading activity and conducted focused analyses on trends, which created a better grasp on listening to our
• Enriched data integrity by promoting specified pages that encouraged our current readers to stay better connected with our institution by filling out user-friendly forms for their contact information.
Assistant Director of Development, Annual Fund / UC Santa Cruz
Managed broad-based fund-raising efforts by creating strategic campaigns via online communication, direct mail, and telephone outreach; all with focused appeals to benefit different areas of our university.
• Created first ever e-mail solicitation campaign, which resulted in high groundbreaking numbers for annual giving year-end totals, and later paved the way for ongoing email campaigns.
• Enhanced our online giving site by providing easy-go-to-links to better steer one’s donation to the appropriate fund, offering login features to provide convenience for pre-fill data.
• Became point person for all direct mail solicitations; collaborated with development staff on the focus of solicitation appeals resulting in better organized, well branded solicitations.
Assistant Manager / Hollywood Video
Telephone Outreach Program Caller / UC Santa Cruz
Community Program Assistant / UC Santa Cruz
Oversaw summer orientation for incoming students of UCSC. Managed all fall orientation leaders for the "move-in" week with first year students. Handled all programming and archiving for activities office.
University of California, Santa Cruz
Film and Digital Media
Activities: Served as Public Relations Coordinator for Student Senate,
Worked as Community Program Assistant and facilitated Summer Orientation and Fall Orientation (Summer/Fall 2002),
Volunteered as a Resident Assistant for the Senior/Transfer Apartment Building,
Orientation Leader for Fall 2001 and Fall 2002,
Telephone Outreach Program Caller for three academic years