Information Technology and Services | Greater Philadelphia Area, US
I'm an Information Systems student and professional with a knack for solving problems through a hands-on, involved approach.
I'm also a tinkerer, a germanophile, an archer, and a moonlighting auto restorer.
Passionate about idea-centric, fast-moving tech companies in the US, Europe, and Asia alike, I love exploring the ways in which our common entrepreneurial spirit manifests itself within diverse cultural contexts. This passion has brought me thus far to a handful of very different companies in three very different countries.
Future goals include continuing my professional and personal journey in Southeast Asia.
Specialties: Softer skills in...
• branding and identity,
• community engagement,
• blogging/press writing, and
• international communication (specifically with German and Singlish)
Harder skills in...
• business/product development,
• IT infrastructure and systems administration,
• a full breadth of proprietary and open source operating systems and software
Marketing and Public Relations Strategist (In-house) / TrustYou GmbH
• Spearheaded a new position in marketing strategy for TrustYou, focusing specifically on extending the brand's reach into the tourism sector by engaging the online community
• Penned blog posts, case studies, white papers, and press releases to build positive brand association with current and potential customers in the hotel sector
• Enhanced the B2B social media presence of the firm, improving our engagement and influence with potential clients and partners by growing our follower base almost 40%
• Developed an effective SEM strategy from the ground up, economizing our AdWords account into a lean, mean, lead-generating machine
• Performed technical tasks in SEO/SEM, Google Analytics, and website maintenance
Marketing Intern (HR) / Triumph International
• Interned for the SWIFT CCC (internal SAP consultancy) HR department as a marketer, focusing on reaching potential recruits through social media
• Participated in recruitment events, presenting the company's employment opportunities to potential new hires
• Gained proficiency in Lotus Notes, both in various use and support tasks
Marketing Director / Timdoo Inc.
• Worked for a very young startup firm which specialized in creative photo management software for Facebook
• Developed a multi-tiered social media marketing strategy from the ground up, focusing on solidifying positive brand associations with our user base and attracting new users
• Implemented this marketing strategy in multiple channels (major social media channels as well as traditional PR)
• Performed software development tasks in usability testing/design on their products, as well as building their landing website and associated content
Technology Americas Workspace Operations and Design Intern / SAP
• Participated in the Client Technology Redesign project, deploying Windows 7 and SCCM company-wide starting Q2 2010
• Designed support policies and deployment for PGP HDE 10.0 as a member of the PGP Encryption Core Team and Client Technology Redesign Core Team
• Built and maintained remote standards-compliant-hardware test environments for external members of our group
• Interacted with diverse sides of the business in Germany, on hardware standards compliance and quality assurance tasks
Peer Mentor / Drexel University iSchool
• Mentored incoming freshman and transfer students to my college at Drexel, the "iSchool" (College of Information Science and Technology).
• Provided individual attention to my group of five students, helping them through their first year at a new institution - involving everything from how to interact best with professors, to where to find the best slice of pizza near campus.
Owner / J. Schaible Computer Services
• Provided technology consultation and support to multiple local personal-user and small-business clients
• Redesignd existing network architecture at business client locations for increased productivity and uptime
• Performed on-call support and repair both with remote access and in-person
• Clients served include Burhill Kitchens of Drexel Hill, PA and Beatty Lumber and Millwork Company of Upper Darby, PA
STAR Research Scholar / Drexel University
• Students Tackling Advanced Research (STAR) summer research internship sponsored by Pennoni Honors College
• Conceptualized, researched, built, and deployed location-aware iPhone application to access Drexel University history
• Initiated interdisciplinary communication/sponsorship between History and Computer Engineering departments
• Investigated specific issues involving location-based software use, psychogeography, and database development
IT Associate / Delaware County Christian School
• Performed support duties such as troubleshooting and fixing hardware, software, and network issues
• Received, imaged, configured, and deployed new workstations/IP telephony equipment
• Coordinated team to refresh and re-deploy older workstations to non-power users in order to cut costs
• Responsible for network closet design and wiring for new construction serving ~300 workstations
Activities: Drexel University Chorus, Dragon Buddy International Student Mentorship Program, iSchool Peer Mentor Program, Great Works Symposium Student Advisory Board, Drexel Formula Hybrid, Pennoni Honors College, STAR Research Program
Activities: International Club, Language Tandem Program