Social Media and Community Manager at Metro Newspaper UK
Online Media | London, United Kingdom, GB
Online editor with over 8 years experience with award-winning, international brands with a focus on social media, news, communities, independent and though-provoking content, pop culture, entertainment and video.
Presently Social Media and Community Manager at Metro.
Specialties: Team management, social media, community, global content strategy, editorial strategy, user experience, online video strategy, writing, editing, usability, UGC, SEO, SEM, promotional planning and strategy.
CMS, Google Analytics, Omniture, Adobe and Microsoft applications (including Photoshop), video editing, working knowledge of Html and CSS.
2011 - Present
Social Media and Community Manager / Metro UK
• Best Use of Social Media (Commendation): Online Media Awards 2012.
(Winner: The Guardian. Other nominees: The Times, Huffington Post UK, Press Gazette, South Wales Argus and Company magazine.)
• Conceived and launched Facebook app.
Managing Editor, Current.com / Current TV
• Managing Editor (online) at Al Gore's Webby and Emmy award-winning Current TV
• Responsible for editorial and online community strategy and content
• Managing SEM campaigns, SEO, local redesign and external support
• Increased UK organic site traffic by 210% and Twitter followers by 193%
• Daily analysis of metrics
• Hired and managed a team of 12 online content editors (UK and US) to launch Current.com in the UK and provide 24/7 content
• Launched “Current News,” the world’s first hourly newscast simultaneously broadcast on TV and the internet. Featured content was created by staff and users on Current.com, and selected for air through a social network voting system.
• Created two nightly live TV shows with all content and community discussion sourced from Current.com and social media feeds
• Part of the team responsible for Current’s ground-breaking 2009 WEBBY Award-winning election coverage for Hack the Debate, Current’s US presidential debate partnership with Twitter. Current.com was nominated for four Webby Awards in 2010, including one for best TV site, and one in 2011
Mobile Editor, ZOO / Bauer (previously Emap)
Responsible for the content and strategy of the mobile partner site to Bauer's (previously Emap) ZOO magazine.
Senior Staff Writer, FHM.com / Bauer (previously Emap)
• Created editorial content, including news. Reviews, video interviews and online features. Traffic increased to over 40 million page impressions per month and 1.3 million monthly unique users.
• Managed consumer-facing newsletters including the FHM Games Email (circulation 160,000), the FHM Friday Email (c. 400,000 per week) and the FHM Monday Email (c. 230,000).
• Led an editorial team during FHM.com’s redesign. Traffic rose by 8%.
• Redesigned the Music channel and launched ‘FHM’s 100 Sexiest Music Videos’, increasing channel traffic by 200%.
• Managed superb relationships with the consumer PR industry to ensure high-level access to celebrity talent, entertainment releases and products.
• Liaised with FHM.com’s commercial and advertising teams and created award-shortlisted content.
• 2006 Campaign Digital Awards: Shortlisted for commercial Royal Navy campaign.
2006 AOP Awards: Shortlisted for Editorial Team and Use Of New Digital Platform
2005 Revolution Awards: Best Use of Email.
2005 PTC Awards: Nominated for New Writer Of The Year.
Empire Awards Assistant, Empire Magazine / Emap
2006 Shortlisted: AOP Editorial Team and Use of New Digital Platform (FHM on your PSP)
2005 Winner: Best Use Of Email, Revolution Awards
2005 Highly Commended: AOP Consumer Website
2004 Winner: Best Consumer Magazine Website, Emap Awards
Music, new media, "Web 2.0", social networking sites, viral marketing, digital publishing, technology, gadgets, photography, magazines, photography.