As Co-founder and Co-Curator of arts organization Communikey in Boulder, Colorado Lauren’s work establishes an intersection for Ecology, Technology and the Arts. Started in 2004, Communikey is a volunteer-driven grassroots arts collective that is dedicated to a cross-section of today’s cutting-edge multimedia arts, showcasing creatives and cultural innovators who are pushing boundaries in film, music, visual arts and community innovation.
Development and Organizational Strategy:
• Fostering high standard productions and programs
• Developing long term educational and capacity building projects in local community
• Cultivating a happy, resilient, and inspired team of 50+ volunteers
• Grant writing, research, and sponsorship development - raised over 50K
• Strategic partnerships with local and international industry partners and innovative institutions
Event Design and Production:
• Responsible for on-site event management for events of 200-1,000 attendees and 50+ volunteers
• Work with team of 60 volunteers to oversee the coordination of all aspects of event management including pre-production, contract negotiation, transportation arrangement, hotel attrition/cancelation negotiations, artist management, technical requirements, and on-site management.
• Work with the core team of Communikey Directors to coordinate all aspects of site design, event scheduling, budget management, and post-event production and media relations.
Yes, And...? Program Founder and Director
• Responsible for strategic partnerships and executive leadership of the Yes, And...? Sustainability Program.
• More about the Yes, And...? Program and its accomplishments click here: