Digital Strategist at Cossette
Marketing and Advertising | Toronto, Canada Area, CA
MBA, Brand Management and Mass Communication Graduate, with over four years of experience in successful Social Media, Public Relations, Advertising, and E-Marketing promotional strategies. I have also:
i. Researched, Planned and Coordinated Social Media strategies for two retail and lifestyle brands, which resulted in high brand visibility and product purchase.
ii. Managed, Coordinated and Planned the Rebranding for Moxie Trades, (Canadian female construction wear brand) which resulted in brand extension to the U.S.
iii. Developed and executed various E-Marketing Promotions Strategy for two local franchise brands, which established a measurable marketing framework.
Specialties: Marketing, Branding, Research, Public Relations, Advertising, Social Media, Blogging, Corporate Affairs, Event Planning and Management, Sales and Promotions, Customer Service,
2013 - Present
Digital Strategist / Cossette
In a nutshell this role involves (and is not limited to) the following:
• Amassing relevant online data.
• Distilling the data into useful information.
• Identifying and capitalizing on consumer/brand trends.
• Offering unique and strategic (digital) insights.
• Helping Clients navigate the sometimes turbulent digital high-waters.
• Contributing to the creation of memorable and gratifying Integrated Marketing campaigns.
Communications Intern / Blast Radius
• Critical Analysis: Performed various marketing and brand audits.
• Writing: Contributed written content posted on the agency's website.
• Research: Assisted with relevant research needed for pitching new business.
• Social Media: Sourced for online content used in updating the agency's social media platforms.
Account Manager Intern / Invoke Media
• Liaised between the client and internal team to coordinate and ensure the completion of various projects.
• Responsible for preparing and presenting status documents to clients for acknowledgment and approval.
• Assisted Director of Account Services in managing various projects and necessary modifications to documents such as the creative brief.
• Served as a link between client and Invoke Media by maintaining regular communication.
Social Media Coordinator / Distility
• Managed the day-to-day blogging activities, by proactively identifying and developing messages which increase awareness and drive traffic to the Distility website.
• Create Content for feeds and snippets in the various Social Media sites for Distility.
• Established and cultivated positive relationships with key/targeted Social Media Managers, Bloggers, and Journalists to enhance Distility’s social media presence.
• Assessed social media marketing strategies to determine rate of return. Identify and tap into new channels to optimize ROI and fuel revenue growth.
Customer Service Representative / TD Canada Trust
• Assisted customers in developing comprehensive and actionable approach to financial problems, such as paying off credit card debt, resulting in customer satisfaction.
• Utilized Interpersonal skills to actively engage customers, and establish a comfortable, yet professional banking atmosphere.
• Provided recommendations to clients, in choosing appropriate financial services, such as bank accounts, and credit cards.
• Delivered consistent banking service experience to each customer, by offering attentive and personalized service.
Assistant Marketing Coordinator / Franchise Research Corp.
• Assisted Project Manager with the marketing campaigns for various franchisees through in-depth analysis and organized data entry in specific franchising websites, providing high brand visibility and increase ROI.
• Maintained database and website accuracy and precision of various marketing campaigns, through constant proofreading and updating of online content.
• Enhanced company’s online brand presence through daily monitoring of website traffic, using social media tools.
Assistant Events Manager / FCB Redline
• Planned, implemented and evaluated fundraising and special events including fundraisers and luncheons, achieving 83% of anticipated goals.
• Met with clients to review events and make last minute adjustments, effectively communicating client requirements to staff, ensuring accuracy and quality.
• Oversaw event budgets, maintained financial integrity, and negotiated fees with all entertainment, photography, and venue suppliers resulting in efficient use resources.
Assistant Public Relations Officer / DDB Public Relations
• Assisted in publicizing assigned initiatives, including brand programs, product launches and advertising, focusing on publicized brand visibility and engagement.
• Supported employee newsletter and intranet portal, including writing content and publishing content using web technology.
• Coordinated employee and community affairs events, acting as the fill in for the Master of Ceremony, and ensuring seamless flow program.
University of Hertfordshire
Masters of Science in International Business
Vancouver Island University
Activities: Member, Digital Media Students Union, Vancouver Island University
Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology
Activities: American Marketing Association - Seneca Chapter
Activities: •Public Relations Officer, (PRO), Mass Communication Student Association, (MSCA), Babcock University. Sept2005 – Sept 2006.
•Chairman, Organizing Committee, Men's Week at Ogden Fellowship, Babcock University, Oct 2005.
•Assistant Director, Planning Events Committee, Drama Week, Babcock University.
• Customer Service Award – WOW Moment, Toronto Core District, TD Canada Trust – February 2010; In recognition for excellent personalized customer service
• Employee of the Month, March 2010 - In recognition for the consistent positive contribution made towards the service team.
Surfing, hiking, reading novels and cooking.