THE MYTH OF ROBO WONDER KID
2011 - Animated Short
Stay strapped in for this high-energy animated tale of mythological creatures, robots and angry Gods.
• Aired on TV France Nolife "Catsuka" program
• Aired on Much Music video rotation
• Screened at Atlantic Film Festival 2011
• Screened at CFC Worldwide Shorts Festival 2012
• Screened at Toronto After Dark Film Festival 2012
• Selected for Spike & Mike's Sick & Twisted Festival of Animation 2012
• Articles written about on Cartoon Brew, Cold Hard Flash, Paste Magazine
• J.Mackenzie also Animated / Edited / Produced / Character Designed
• 12,000 youtube hits in 2 months
2009 - Short Film
Eugene (Mark Little) is trying to attend a party and finish his science fair experiment on time. Since this task is not humanly possible, he enlists the help of a non-human friend.
• Aired on CBC's "Short Film Face-Off" Program
• Awarded "Best Atlantic Short" at Atlantic Film Festival
• Screened at Toronto International Film Festival
• Best Short Nomination" Syracuse Sci-Fi and Fantasy Film Festival
• Screened at over a dozen other festivals across Canada and the US.
• Awarded grant from AFCOOP's FILM5 Program - Shot on 35 mm
2008 - Music Video
Selected to participate in the "10 x 10 program" at the Atlantic Film Festival. 10 emerging musicians were randomly paired up with 10 emerging filmmakers. Video created in 3 days.
• Nominated for ECMA star choice Video of the Year
2008 - Short Film
What happens when you hate your job during a full moon? You turn into a jerkful beast that runs amok in your office.
• Screened at multiple film festivals across Canada