Research Editor at Getty Images
Research | Greater New York City Area, US
Executive with comprehensive experience in social media, web production, archival research and rights clearances, radio and television production, writing and editing, audience development and niche marketing, talent relations and publicity.
Columnist for the Huffington Post on television, music, books and pop culture, also cover these subjects for a variety of other outlets.
On a project basis I am available to write, edit, and consult on social media for individuals and small businesses. Recent clients include Amanda Palmer, The Fresh 20, Dr. Neha Sangwan, Soozie Tyrell, Billy Van Zandt and Jane Milmore.
Specialties: Archival & Content Research and Rights Clearances; Writing/Editing/Producing for Web, Print, Radio, TV; Talent and Media Relations; PR and Marketing; Audience Development and Social Media Strategies
2011 - Present
Research Editor / Getty Images
Creative and editorial film and photo research for a wide variety of clients including print and broadcast media, advertising agencies, documentary and feature filmmakers.
2008 - Present
Writer / Freelance Writer/Editor & Social Media Strategist
I write for various online publications (Huffington Post, PopMatters) as well as for amNewYork. I cover books, television, film, pop culture, travel, food, and health.
Film Publicist and Social Media Strategist / Donna Daniels Public Relations, LLC
Managed publicity campaigns for independent features and documentary films - theatrical releases and television broadcasts. Executed company's social media presence and outreach. Film campaigns included:
Bobby Fischer Against the World
Dark Light: The Art of Blind Photographers
Exit Through the Gift Shop
I Am Love
Life Above All
Midnight in Paris
My Trip to Al-Qaeda
Welcome to the Rileys
The Yes Men Fix the World
President / Star Dot Star*
Provided archival research and rights clearance services for film, television, and print projects; wrote and edited content; created social media campaigns via blogs, newsletters, facebook pages; produced and updated websites, hired and managed technical and design vendors for web.
Partial Project List:
- "Burning Down the House: The Story of CBGB" documentary about the legendary New York club - archival research and rights clearances
- "Barack Obama: People's President / The Campaign That Changed History" produced and directed by Danny Schechter for Videovision Entertainment - archival research and rights clearances
- “Cash: The Documentary” PBS documentary about Johnny Cash – archival research and rights clearances
- “Bridge to Nowhere” music video by Harry Shearer – archival research and rights clearances
- McDougal Littel - talent clearances for actors in feature film clips utilized in educational DVD component for Grades 6-12 textbooks
- "Jack Taylor of Beverly Hills” documentary by Cecile Leroy Beaulieu/Person Films aired on Sundance Channel - archival research and rights clearances
Web Editor, Account Manager / Spa-Addicts.com
Wrote and edited website content; manipulated images; interacted directly with site partners.
Co-Founder, Minister of Information / My Damn Channel
Part of team that created and launched digital entertainment studio My Damn Channel, a new media platform created to empower artists to co-produce, distribute and monetize original, episodic video content.
Partner and Web Producer / Web Ideation
Created and expanded online businesses in website services company. Brought in clients, oversaw website production, hired designers, wrote and edited web copy.
Marketing and Research Director / Global ImageWorks
Business Development; Marketing; Acquisitions; Outreach; Web Producer; Rights and Clearances; Manager of Film and Photo Research for outside productions.
Managing Editor / March Tenth Inc.
Content and photo research for two titles published in Fall 2006: Bruce Springsteen On Tour by Dave Marsh (Bloomsbury Publishing) and Greetings From E Street by Robert Santelli (Chronicle Books).
Radio Producer / Renegade Nation
Co-produced weekly 2-hour rock music radio program (“Little Steven's Underground Garage”) for broadcast in U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia. Identified new music, developed and researched content themes, wrote scripts, arranged program ID’s and promos. Artist and record company liaison. Supervised production staff.
Senior Executive Assistant / Renegade Nation
Career Archivist and Liaison for Steven Van Zandt. Managed schedule, travel; licensing and music publishing clearances. Duties included two international rock tours by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, 1999-2000 and 2002-2003. Coordinated backstage VIP events. Live Event producer for a series of 16 concerts at the Village Underground nightclub in New York during 2001.
Web Producer and Online Community Manager / Renegade Nation
Created, developed, and produced high profile website for Little Steven Van Zandt. Established and maintained active online community.
Tour Associate / 2002-2003 The Rising Tour by Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
Handled all ticketing and credentials for guests of Little Steven Van Zandt in the United States, Europe, Australia and New Zealand on Bruce Springsteen's world tour with The E Street Band 2002-2003. Managed Little Steven's Underground Garage meet and greets.
Tour Associate / 1999-2000 Reunion Tour by Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
Handled all ticketing, meet and greets, and credentials for guests of Little Steven Van Zandt in the United States and Europe on Bruce Springsteen's world tour with The E Street Band 1999-2000.
Archival Research; Rights and Clearances / Independent Contractor
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame + Museum–Manager of Archival Research
- Experience Music Project–Archival Research
- VH1 “Legends”-Archival Research for profiles of John Lennon & Bruce Springsteen
- The American Experience “Chicago ‘68”–Archival Research
- HBO “The McCourts of New York”–Archival Research
- CBS News Productions–Archival Coordinator
- Sound Republic (MTV/Planet Hollywood)–Manager of Acquisitions, Rights & Clearances
- Discovery Channel “Cronkite Remembers”–Archival Research & Clearances for 8-part series
- VH1 “The Seventies”–Archival research for 5-part series
- WGBH/BBC “Rock & Roll”–Archival Research for 10-part series
- Channel 4/A&E “The Atlantic Records Story”–Archival Research & Clearances
- American Masters “John Hammond: From Bessie Smith to Bruce Springsteen”–Production Coordinator, Photo Researcher for biographical film (winner of Peabody Award and CINE Golden Eagle)
Public Television Distribution Project / Deep Dish TV
Lobbied U.S. public television stations in order to set up broadcast distribution of “Behind Censorship: The Assault on Civil Liberties” seven-hour series produced by Paper Tiger.
Audience Outreach and Community Development / P.O.V./The American Documentary
Implemented various audience outreach strategies and set up community-based screenings of independent films for the summer 1991 season of P.O.V.
Assistant to Executive Producer at American Masters / Thirteen/WNET
Supported Executive Producer Susan Lacy and two in-house producers at award-winning series American Masters. Assessed new projects, managed office.
Assistant to Executive Producer / Globalvision
Assistant to Executive Producer Danny Schechter at "South Africa Now," a weekly newsmagazine about South Africa and the region which aired on U.S. public television.