Securities and M&A Practice
• US$200 million rights offering in México (2008) and a US$110 million global equity offering (2006).
• Acquisition of two tortilla operations in Australia, a flat bread operation in Malaysia, and two milling operations in Germany and Ukraine.
• Coordination, drafting and filing of annual and event-driven reports (Form 20-F, Form 6-K, Informe Anual, Código de Mejores Prácticas Corporativas) filed with the relevant U.S., Mexican, and Luxembourg securities authorities.
• Research of complex corporate, securities and corporate governance questions and issues, assuring Gruma’s full compliance with existing regulations and reporting obligations.
• Actively participated in Gruma’s team tasked with restructuring over US$1.2 billion of Gruma’s financial liabilities (LatinLawyer 2010 Restructuring of the Year).
• Reviewed, negotiated and enforced financial transactions (borrowed money, financial leases, reportos, guarantees, trusts, derivative transactions, equity and debt offerings), and other agreements of international nature.
Asia & Oceania Practice
• Served as head counsel for Gruma’s Asia & Oceania Division (China, Malaysia and Australia).
• Provided legal support in daily operations, set up corporations and special vehicles, developed legal strategies, and interpreted, negotiated, structured and documented commercial transactions.
• Coordinated international off-counsels in each of the countries where Gruma operates, assuring full compliance with general regulatory matters including immigration, labor, foreign investment, foreign trade, corporate, and intellectual property issues.