Hello, and thank you for visiting my page. I am a copywriter and content manager who dabbles in screenwriting and comedy. My background is in entertainment and marketing, and I have worked in Hollywood as well as for some of the top marketing and online advertising agencies in Los Angeles. In recent years, my focus has been on eCommerce.
I love the fast-paced energy of creative production as much as I love the more nuanced and strategic aspects of creating good content, defining a brand and crafting a compelling message or story. Moreover, I enjoy surrounding myself with creative professionals who can benefit from my skills and teach me a thing or two about what they do best. I love to be inspired.
WHAT I DO
- Copywriting / editing
- Brand / content / marketing strategy
- Analysis / reporting / copy optimization
- Editorial and content management
- Email subject line testing
- Journalism / PR writing
- Associate producing
- Creative / script development
- Project coordination
- Whatever it takes
WHO I DO IT FOR
- Marketing agencies
- Production companies
- Small businesses (doctors, real estate agents, etc.)
- Medium-sized businesses (print companies, eCommerce sites)
- Household brands (SANYO, Home Depot)
- Writers / directors / producers
- Cultural / news sites
- Artists / record labels / bands
SOME WRITING SAMPLES
- Here is a review of an art exhibit written for Flavorpill Los Angeles titled "Marlene Dumas: Measuring Your Own Grave."
- Here is a blog on PPC/search marketing published in The Faster Times titled "How Mobile Search Differs From Online Search."
- Copywriting / Brand strategy
- For this project, SANYO, the global electronics company, wanted
to re-brand themselves as solar energy pioneers. I met with project
heads and developed a voice and messaging strategy then created all copy
for the consumer and distributor Solar Panel microsites. Here are two sample pages: "Make an Impact" and "Why SANYO Solar."
- For this project, Wpromote, a leading online advertising agency, wanted to re-brand their search marketing product, "QuickList," to reduce attrition
and increase sales. I developed a messaging strategy and microsite content that
reduced client attrition
by 10% in the first three weeks. This is the "Landing Page" and this is the "Guarantee" - the highest converting page on Wpromote's entire website and a result of intensive customer research and effective copywriting.
OTHER FUN FACTS
I have been studying and performing comedic improvisation at The Second City Hollywood for three years in an effort to become a better writer, storyteller, communicator and human. A graduate of The Second City Conservatory and Long Form Program, I am currently performing around town at places like iO West, Second City, and the Complex Theater.
Aside from comedy, I also collect music and DJ for fun in my spare time. I have played at The Viper Room, The Purple Lounge @ The Standard Hotel, The Falls Lounge, Boardners, Funky Sole @ The Echo, Bar Copa, The Ace Hotel in Palm Springs and various underground and private events throughout Los Angeles.
I am an avid reader and enjoy history and documentary films. I've also been known to pick up a paintbrush on a rainy day.
CONTACT ME. LET'S WORK TOGETHER.
To get in touch, please email me at amanda dot moshier at
gmail dot com.
P.S. Aside from contracted PR writing, I do not handle PR at this time. Please refrain from sending events/etc. you would like covered in media outlets. Your best bet is to contact editors directly.