Hello, and thank you for visiting my page. I am a copywriter and journalist who dabbles in screenwriting and production. My background is in entertainment and marketing and I have worked in Hollywood as well as for some of the top marketing and online advertising agencies in Los Angeles.
I love the fast-paced world of production as much as I love the more nuanced and strategic aspects of creating good content, defining a brand and crafting a compelling message or story. Moreover, I enjoy surrounding myself with creative professionals who can benefit from my skills and teach me a thing or two about what they do best...because I love to be inspired.
WHAT I DO
- Copywriting / editing
- Brand / content / marketing strategy
- Associate producing
- Research / reporting
- Editorial management
- Creative / script development
- Journalism / PR writing
- Project coordination
- Whatever it takes
WHO I DO IT FOR
- Marketing agencies
- Production companies
- Small businesses (doctors, real estate agents, etc.)
- Global brands
- Writers / directors / producers
- Cultural / news sites
- Artists / record labels / bands
SOME WRITING SAMPLES
- Here is a review of an art exhibit written for Flavorpill Los Angeles titled "Marlene Dumas: Measuring Your Own Grave."
- Here is a blog on PPC/search marketing published in The Faster Times titled "How Mobile Search Differs From Online Search."
- Copywriting / Brand strategy
- For this project, SANYO, the global electronics company, wanted
to re-brand themselves as solar energy pioneers. I met with project
heads and developed a voice and messaging strategy then created all copy
for the consumer and distributor Solar Panel microsites. Here are two sample pages: "Make an Impact" and "Why SANYO Solar."
- For this project, Wpromote, a leading online advertising agency, wanted to re-brand their search marketing product, "QuickList," to reduce attrition
and increase sales. I developed a messaging strategy and microsite content that
reduced client attrition
by 10% in the first three weeks. This is the "Landing Page" and this is the "Guarantee" - the highest converting page on Wpromote's entire website.
OTHER FUN FACTS
I have been studying and performing comedic improvisation at The Second City Hollywood for almost 2 years in an effort to become a better writer and storyteller. A soon-to-be official graduate of The Second City Conservatory, I am currently performing in the graduate show, "BAD NEWS BEARERS," Monday nights at 7PM from May 30th to June 18th. In addition to Second City, I can can also be found performing at iO West and the Complex Theatre.
Aside from comedy, I also collect music and DJ for fun in my spare time. I have played at The Viper Room, The Purple Lounge @ The Standard Hotel, The Falls Lounge, Boardners, Funky Sole @ The Echo, Bar Copa, The Ace Hotel in Palm Springs and various underground and private events throughout Los Angeles. I am an avid reader and enjoy history and documentary films. I've also been known to pick up a paintbrush on a rainy day and I hope to sell my work someday soon.
CONTACT ME. LET'S WORK TOGETHER.
To get in touch, please email me at amanda dot moshier at
gmail dot com.
P.S. Aside from contracted PR writing, I do not handle PR at this time; please refrain from sending me events/etc. you want covered in media outlets.